Saturday, October 24, 2009

cause stuff like that makes me happy

happy inducers, that's what these are :)

#1
my mom arranged my soft toys :)
noticed them when i was studying on my bed.

#2
ladybugs :)
bought them at a very reasonable price :D

#3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! XD

anyway, on a more meaningful tone, today during LYPG, i learned that God must rid me of my prejudices, of my pride, of my self-righteousness and of my sins. and that i must look at things through God's viewpoint and not my own. to not be discouraged and deterred or satisfied and complacent with what i see until i see things at His viewpoint. when we start to see things from our Lord's viewpoint, we see the people, the needs, the situations, etc. that He sees. and then only God can break our hearts for what breaks His and then we will be compelled to love like Christ loves.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." - Matthew 26:41

Jesus asks us to watch with Him. watch, look at the things around us, the needs. watch with Christ, watch at His viewpoint and pray. when we do so, we can do so much more than when we use all our human wisdom, logic, knowledge, experience, compassion. because it is God who is moving.

and while we were praying, God reminded me of this song.

Our heart, our desire
Is to see the nations worship
Our cry, our prayer
Is to sing Your praise to the ends of the earth
That with one mighty voice
Every tribe and tongue rejoices
Our hearts, our desire
Is to see the nations worship You

i've heard this song before, but recently kentrick sent me a youtube video of it. :)

and as we prayed today, it came to my mind again. and i realized, i can only sing this song with true conviction and meaning, only if i stand at God's viewpoint and look from there. because if i don't see the world, the nations, the people, the lost from His viewpoint, i won't understand how great the Father's love is for them.

so what next after standing with Christ and looking from His viewpoint? what next after He reveals and makes us realizes the things around us? what next after we pray for all these? what next when He breaks our hearts for what breaks His? what next when He fills our hearts with love and compassion, His love and compassion?

next, GO.
go; go to those around us. go in obedience to what He tells us to do. go in faith knowing God's ways are higher than our ways. go, but don't go ahead of God. most of all don't go without Him.

Lord, let me look at things from Your viewpoint. open my eyes to see what you see. break the tainted glass i've been looking through. i want to care for others like how Jesus cares for me. send me, and i will go.

4 comments:

Yvonne Lim said...

#3 - HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!

Audrey Podrey said...

Just dropping in to say hi! Didn't notice before that you had a blog! Your friend making the funny face, hahahaha and in the first picture you mentioned your mom, omg I can still remember how your mom looks (I think I remember how she sounds too) and that time I was at your place and we played soap or something then made pancakes with your lil bro! Good times!

waiyan said...

AUDREYY!! :D hello. haha, that's my brother. the second one.

so good to hear from you. haha, flashbacks to the younger days! we're NINETEEN already! that was almost ten years ago. we did lotsa silly stuff too, but yeah, good times :) we always played dress up at your place. and i can remember your mom taking us to McD's with all our makeup on. gosh, we must have looked very funny. hee.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.