Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Inspirations

There are just some people that inspire you to keep going, that remind you of your passion, remind you of purpose and help you believe that you can make a difference.

Of all my classes this semester, Integrative Seminar: Issues in TESL, is by far the class where I come away inspired. Yes, a few things get repeated a lot and there is never a shortage of stories and experiences of classroom situations, but the most inspiring is our lecturer Dr. Pradip Kumar or more well-known as Dr. PK.

It's my first time taking one of his courses and though he admits being bad with names and has a tendency to change my name to Wai Wan (my friend asked if he was asking us a question -.-), his passion and love for teaching and also for his students is so contagious. You really come away wanting to try and apply the things learnt in his lessons. And one day, I pray I would be as an effective and inspirational teacher as he is.

I thank God for the things and people that inspire when everything else just seem to discourage and trip you up most of the time. And this is one I am grateful for this semester.

:)

1 comment:

Light Lee said...

i have a lecturer named Dr. Colin from Australia teaching me forest Ecology. His passion and genuine zeal for the forest of Borneo radiates in the classroom. and i feel it with my heart, and my feelings get to catch the fire too... its amazing what one can do when he does what he loves.