Sunday, July 12, 2009

peace like a river

it's good to take a break and go out on a little adventure and enjoy God's lovely creations. it was what i needed.
thank you, sue ann for persuading me to go. no regrets :)


so nine of us, sue ann, adelynn, mark, kenneth, yong huat, kok onn, yew leung, brandon and myself went to kuala kubu baru (it's on the way up to fraser's hill) and went on a trail to the waterfall of sungai chiling.

all set and ready to go :)

trekking through the green

crossing rivers

climbing rocks

reaching it :) that's the waterfall behind us.
they say there's one more higher up, next time we'll hike to that one.


lunch :)

lots of fishies that love sue ann's bread

yewleung; off the rock and doing a toe touch

kok onn's kung fu kicks

my turn

sue ann's hair flick.
i tried to do it too, but we just couldn't capture it properly, all i got was a lot of water up my nose.

mine's more like jumping our of the water or something

then, we were trying to do pyramids...

the guys.

and they go...

SPLOOSH! :D

falling

and finally :)

group picture :)

so, it was adelynn's birthday and we wanted to soak her just one more time before we left.
the plan was to ask her to

take a picture with us,
at the count of three...
one...two...three...

*sploosh*

and *splash*
happy birthdayy, adelynn :)

my favorite funny picture of the day :D
teehee.

i had a lot of fun river hiking. but sometimes life back here gets a bit - argh! if you know what i mean. but i know that God will bring me through. my God who made the rivers, waterfalls, trees, skies, and all that; nothing in my life is too big a problem for Him to bring me through. things don't become "alright" instantly, but having God with me through it makes all the difference. i wish i am always concious of this, because though i know it in my mind sometimes i don't know it in my heart and i forget.

so, dear Lord,
when things around me get so - argh!
help me to remember and know in my heart that You are above all and You are in control, no matter what.
may my heart be filled with Your peace. and let it overflow.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

i've got peace like a river
i've got peace like a river
i've got peace like a river in my soul...

1 comment:

Joannetmj said...

Supeeeer sampat picture. hahahahahahhahaha. Mr. Potato! Round round too. =)

Don't fret over the 'argh' things, they make life less boring. ;-)