Friday, October 22, 2010

walking on water

Matthew 14:25-33

During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it is you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

what does it feel like to be walking on water, i wonder...

when i read this passage, i felt God saying to me,

I'm going to ask you to come of your boat now...
are you willing to trust me?
When you are out, cast your eyes upon me,
do not be distracted and despaired by the winds and waves around you...
will you keep your focus on me?
Come to me, trust in me.

stepping out of our boats, out of our comfort zones, out of our safe vessels.
stepping out in faith and walking on waters, defying everything that is logical and that others believe impossible.
stepping out, with our hearts and eyes set on Christ, walking towards Him.
even when the waves and winds around us are wild and viciously attacking us, keep walking on the waters with our vision cast upon Him.

yet, even if we lose faith and begin to sink, cry out to Him, and He will come and save.

my life is at a point where God is challenging me to step out in faith with him. letting go of all my hopes and ambitions, my wants and so-called "needs", to chase after the things of God and to do His will.

Dear God,
You know me far better than i know myself.
You see my fears, my timidity, my worries.
You know how i often allow my logic to cause me to doubt.
You know how silly and easily distracted i can get.
You know how i can be selfish and hypocritical at times (actually, lots of times).
You have a whole load of broken promises i've made to You.
You know how imperfect and broken i am.
You know me, and yet You still choose to love me. Thank You.
Help me to step out of this boat in faith, onto the waters, despite the winds and the waves. Help me to be courageous and bold for You. Help me to walk towards You, not turning to the left or to the right. And when my eyes see the waves around me and my heart starts to worry, when my whole life seems to be sinking down down down; save me.

am going to start serving in PKVUM (Persaudaraan Kristian Varsiti Universiti Malaya). AGM's in a few hours time. it's going to be so different from Taman SEA's CF, but we are still serving the same God and it's going to be an exciting journey. and i pray that God would cause our lives to be transformed into the likeness of Christ more and more as we go along this journey of serving Him here in UM. :)

No comments: