Thursday, May 2, 2013

GE13

Hey,

Haven't been here in a while. A lot has happened and a lot has been happening.

The 13th General Elections are coming and all kinds of things are happening. It's been getting messy and quite ugly and a lot of things are getting exposed. Facebook is flooded with information and politics is all the talk around town. There are still chains of fear that bind people in Malaysia, but we pray that truth will set them free and that perfect love will drive out all fear. We trust in the certainty and sovereignty of God, that His will is right. I love my country, Malaysia and I pray that change for the better will happen this GE13.

I pray God's will be done in Malaysia.

I used to think I loved Malaysia very very much. But when I see Ernest's passion for this land and her people, it makes me realize there is more. Ernest has taught me a lot, inspired me a lot, and encouraged me a lot. I thank God for him. And I pray that our hearts and love for the things of God and for people will continue to deepen and be strengthened in God. I pray that we will be used by God to make a difference wherever we are - now and all the days of our lives.

I echo Carmen's words,
"Despite all these, I think we have to constantly remind ourselves that we are attacking  issues, not individuals. We hate sin, not sinners. What would Jesus do? I have to remind and ask myself too."
What's going to happen after elections?

We do not stop praying and we continue to stand in the gap on behalf of our land. We continue to speak up for truth, righteousness and justice. We continue to fight and expose corruption. We will continue to be part of the healing process and the building up of our land, Malaysia. We will pray for our leaders whoever they are because that is what the Bible commands us to do (1 Timothy 2:1-2, 1 Peter 2:13-17). And the Church and her people must know its role at such a time as this.

He has shown you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

this was what made me take a stand, to change.

Malaysians who are voting, do vote wisely. Please don't give up your right to vote. Your vote counts. Take care and God bless!

No comments: