Monday, August 15, 2011

these rainy days

have been back in campus since Wednesday. and have been going through lots of talks and sessions for this whole PM (Pembantu Mahasiswa/ Orientation Helpers) thing. last phase and then it’s the real thing – Orientation Week Disappointed smile

and through it all, i’ve actually learned quite a lot. well, much more than i expected.

i went for half of a course called “Energise and Be Energised” in replacement of a friend. although it was very very very, i say again, very brain draining, i did gain valuable insights. i was encouraged to see students from all kinds of backgrounds come together, talk, discuss and exchange views. we had to go deep into eight of the core values of Universiti Malaya. kind of like a moral class but which forced us to think practical not just the nice sounding moral-ish answers.

apart from that, a little something happened which reminded me that every opportunity must be stretched out for (it’s like i just came back from a motivational talk) but sad to say, i learned this through letting an opportunity pass and really regretting it after. it was a chance to speak up but i remained silent Sad smile it wasn’t a big thing, but it was a chance. i’m asking God to grant me the courage to speak truth and the wisdom to speak it in love.

been listening to some sermons which Gloria sent to me. two have been very impactful – one on Unity by Nicky Gumbel and the other on Leadership by John C. Maxwell. both have caused me to reflect and repent from parts of my life that have been pretty off target from God’s aim. need to start investing my time in the right things now.

everyday, i look at myself and i wonder what does God see in me? i am so inadequate in so many areas, i’m so inconsistent, i have so many insecurities and fears and yet, everyday He brings me through. He gives me chance after chance after chance (i think i’ve long passed my second chance).

everyday, i get by and i know it is only by His grace and His power.

thank You, God. may You be seen in my life by the people around me.

 

You are my strength when I am weak.

No comments: