Tuesday, October 18, 2011

another goodbye

Last of my grandparents gone home to be with the Lord.

Bye, Poh-Poh.

I remember how you used to wait for us to come back to Ipoh for visits. You'd be waiting at the window and when you saw our car, you'd get excited.

I remember we had to speak loudly to you cause you were deaf and could not hear us. You used to wear a hearing aid but after some time in your old age, you didn't wear it anymore.

I remember how you made your way around, room to room, in little steps, clinging on to door frames and chairs for support. Your fall many years back did that to you.

I remember that before we left, we would all hug you one by one.
And the last time was when we went back to see you after Mah-Mah's funeral, about two months ago.

I hope you're happy in heaven now. And one day, I hope I shall meet you there too.

Chinese New Year 2011

In God, we are comforted. In God we hope.

No comments: