Tuesday, January 31, 2012

travel alone

today, i did some travelling alone :) okaylah, near by only. 

a trip up to genting :D

took the bus from One Utama. the uncle before me forgot to take his IC and Senior Citizen card and had walked off, i had to chase him and use my broken Cantonese to remind him of his card.


on the skyway :)
i always liked this part!


i met an Iranian student and her brother at the skyway place, helped them with directions and got to know the girl a bit better :) 

-in between-

on the way back, at the skyway thing again, an aunty asked if she could borrow my phone to make a call. so i lent it to her. she was talking to me in mandarin all the way :| tough!

in the bus, the uncle beside me started chit chatting with me with the line, "Are you Philipino?" :\ i think it's the sunburn! then after he figured i was chinese, he started speaking to me in Cantonese the whole journey back! i think i fared quite well and i did understand most of the conversation :) chehwah. however my responses were a whole mumbo jumbo of wrong words and tones. :\

the "in between" was the best part of the trip :)
cause i was not alone.

one thing about travelling alone is you take more notice of the people around you and you are more open to strangers,
people you have never had a connection with. 
it may be dangerous at times,
but sometimes it's an opportunity to show love to another :)

end of january!

maybe i should travel alone every end of the month.
hmmm, that's a thought :)

No comments: