Tuesday, March 27, 2012

love is...

Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

Every time I read these verses, I remember my mom telling me to try putting my name in the place of the word 'love'. So, it'll be "WaiYan is patient, WaiYan is kind..." And most times, I realize WaiYan has still got a lot to work on in her life :\ 

Lord, change my heart and teach me to love with such an unconditional extravagant love. 

let's start with one character of love a day.

today, 
love is patient.
learning to wait and to trust, to give others their space and time to breathe and live their lives. to not chase but wait patiently. to not get upset when it's been some time and to not always demand and look for the now and the immediate. but to trust in God's timing and wait patiently.

No comments: