Monday, November 12, 2012

what i miss

I  miss home. I miss Dad and Mom. I miss Yew Kong and Charity and Panda the bunny. I miss Yew Meng. I miss Yew Leung. I miss Ernest, the boyfriend. I miss my secondary school days and friends. I miss netball and the team. I miss CF. I miss church. I miss camps. I miss my grandparents. I miss my loved ones who have passed away. I miss Ipoh. I miss my roommates. I miss those days in Kelantan in NS. I miss school holidays. I miss sleepovers. I miss Saturday mornings and cartoons. As much as I didn't like it then, I miss scouting and the troop. I miss prayer gatherings. I miss studying in church. I miss dancing. I miss my family. I miss friends I've drifted apart from. I miss friends who are far away. I miss the beach, I miss the mountains, I miss the waterfalls, I miss the jungles. I miss the adventures. I miss the children. I miss travelling. I miss fishing. I miss hiking. I miss my childhood. I miss my teenage years. I miss the excitement. I miss the chasing. I miss the crazy fun random times. I miss the discovery. I miss carefree days. I miss a lot of people, a lot of times, a lot of things, a lot of places, a lot.

The world changes. Familiarity fades, but then the new things in life take that position after a while. It keeps us moving forward, keeps us extending our boundaries, keeps us going. Sometimes we look back and we miss the old. But I say to me,"Set your eyes on things above and not on the things of the earth..." because the person I miss most is my Lord, Jesus ChristAnd I await to see Him when He returns.

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Colossians 3:2

1 comment:

Joannetmj said...

:-) I can probably fulfil about 23.79% of your list with you! =)

Soon, k? We'll start with hiking!