Monday, December 31, 2012

it never gives up

final day of twentytwelve. wow.

as i look back, i see His steadfast love always always in my life. i don't have to look very far back, the previous few days is enough to remind me that God knows me inside out - my gifts, my strengths, my weaknesses, my failures and flaws, my hurts, my struggles, my needs, my desires, my imperfections, my beauty (which sometimes i don't see it), my everything - and despite the whole mumbo jumbo and complicated intricacies of what makes me waiyan, He still loves me. i've been using this word over and over again - humbled.



Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me
One Thing Remains (Jesus Culture)

i think one thing about loving people is taking time to figure them out, taking the time to know them and even in the midst of not understanding, staying beside them while they try to do that. Ernest does a lot of this with me. i feel like i'm going through another bout of identity crisis -.- and i'm already twenty-two! oh gosh. haha. it scares me a lot of times, being so unsure and confused about who i am. i'm not usually like that, but things happen that make you stop and wonder, why?

i find it such an amazing thing how God always assures me of who i am in Him when i come to Him with my load of questions and searches. like in the midst of not understanding, He reminds me with a rainbow that He loves me unconditionally. He speaks to me through His word and as we pray. He reminds me of His promises and covenants and gives me new ones. it's a love that is beyond me. beyond my very minute human comprehension. it's perfect.

Ernest and i have got a long way to go. our love will never be perfect cause we're both human and fallen, but we rest assured knowing our God is sovereign and above all. and may we learn to love each other like how the Bible teaches us to love, not the way chick flicks and romantic movies, secular music, Nicholas Spark books portray love to be. :P those are really idealistic and unreal examples to take for your love life, just saayingg. and plus, the kingdom of God and what is eternal is far more important than just the two of us. like we always say, we're part of God's bigger picture.

i pray that in the new year to come, i will invest my life and my love in the eternal things of God :) it's worth it. and not with my own imperfect and inadequate human love, but i pray that my source to love others will be from God. that He will teach me to love like how He loves.
 
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

Thank You, God, for loving me. I love You.

No comments: