Monday, December 10, 2012

lay down my pride


Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. 
All of you, clothe yourselves with humility towards one another, because,
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
1 Peter 5:5

The weekend hasn't been the best :\ I struggled with a lot of unpleasant emotions towards others and myself. I didn't understand and when I asked God, there didn't seem to come relief. I was tired, broken, defeated and still very bitter towards certain people around me. I really didn't like me :(

Then it dawned upon me on the dawn of Monday (heehee :P), I struggled because of my pride. I found it so hard to say I was sorry and admit that I was wrong because I wanted to be right. I wanted others to acknowledge that I was right, and when they didn't, it upset me.

Pride only breeds quarrels, 
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.
Proverbs 13:10

I look back on the situations, and I regret. I'm sorry for being rude and cold. I'm sorry for hurting the people around me, for distancing myself from others, not giving anyone a chance to understand. I really want to change my ways and my attitude, I want to be a humble person. A person who is brave and courageous enough to lay down my pride and give up my rights.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

Because I have a God who is mighty and sovereign, I know that as I humble my life before Him, He will take care of me. I don't have to fight for my rights or strive to gain achievements and glory for myself, I don't have to have things in my life to boast about. I don't have to worry or fear if I'll be enough or have enough in this world. At the end of the day, I have nothing in my life that is not God given. And even then, my greatest treasure is God. :)

Riches I heed not nor man's empty praise;
Thou mine inheritance now and always;
Thou and thou only first in my heart;
High King of Heaven my treasure thou art.

May my life from here on be one that pleases God and that gives glory and praise unto Him. May it be one that is marked with humility and that is not proud. May I be one who lives for God. 

Wai Yan, remember:
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

No comments: