Thursday, August 15, 2013

here, there and in between

The inconsistent blogger is back! :) *cheers, woots, confetti flying* :P just for fun.

It's been a while and lots has happened.

One, I'm almost at the end of my teaching practice and it has been a day by day journey of grace. I learned so much about the teaching profession and realize I have so much more to learn. It's been great having more experienced teachers who have gone before who encouraged me here and there along the way. Ernest's mom was one of them, from her once in a while calls and questions of "Has your supervisor come to assess you yet?" to sharing her own stories of teaching. 

Sports Day! Meet Vindy :)
Vindy my teaching buddy has also been such a great friend throughout, laughing our way back through the traffic jams as we recall the funny encounters and situations of the day. 

Joanne who is also doing her internship has also been a source of comfort and encouragement, I think her working conditions were way harsher than mine with mad working hours and "interesting" characters to deal with on a day to day basis. But that sort of perseverance really inspires and encourages me :) Just do it.

Apart from that, Ernest and I have reached our one year :) Hee. And at the moment, we're entering into different phases in life. He's now a graduate, moving out from the university student phase (so proud of him)! And I'm entering my final year (whereby I'll be spending half of it in Korea). 

We've been seeing a little more of each other lately since we're relatively more free compared to when we were both busy with our semesters. And I've been enjoying every bit of our catch ups and time together as well as time with our other friends :) Always learning that it's not just you-me-and-the-whole-world-disappears, but we want a relationship that is a blessing to others around us. Not one that makes people squirm uncomfortably when in our company :3 Been checking things off our check list too. 

But then, pretty soon it'll be four months apart while I'm in Korea. *DEEP BREATH* Okay. We'll grow through it and we commit it all to God. 

:)

So, it's now the Raya holidays. I have one more week of teaching practice to go, another week of settling everything I need to settle, and then off it is to Korea. Counting down the days: 14 days till I leave. I'm excited, nervous, scared, blur, anticipating, hopeful, and so much more. I pray I'll go there and learn and experience much. I pray that despite being in a whole new environment I'd be able to be salt and light to the people around me, to bring Christ through my life. Lord, use me. 

Lately, I've been feeling a little lost. I think it's the holiday effect mixed with a dose of PMS. Holiday effect being I just got two weeks off school for the Raya break and I've been thoroughly enjoying myself which has also caused me to sidetrack a lot of my work and even my quiet time with God :( It is really a struggle for me when routine is taken out of my life. Well, holidays are ending pretty soon and I think that's been nagging at my conscience. But I think the feeling of being a bit neither here nor there is attributed to me actually being neither here nor there. Sad to say, I've just been living for me lately. 

We're doing this forty day fast and prayer for Malaysia and the title is "Let Your Kingdom Come" (For those interested, you can find out more and download the prayer booklet here: http://www.necf.org.my/index.cfm?&menuid=183&parentid=144) And it reminds me over and over again, to build up God's kingdom and not my own and to have eternity written on our hearts. I get caught up easily in things of the moment and I like easily the things I have now. So much so that I put the things of God aside so that I can do my own things :( But when we look at things, ten, twenty, fifty, a hundred years from now, it's all going to pass. It's all temporary. So, whose kingdom am I investing in?

But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be given to you as well. 
Matthew 6:33

What a promise, what a word. But God's word is truth and defies every logical explanation and argument of the world. And so, I trust and ask that God grant me His grace to yield to and obey His word. 

Lord, let Your Kingdom come. 
In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. 

No comments: