Thursday, August 29, 2013

leaving on a jet plane

So, I'm flying off to Korea tomorrow! Wow, that's fast :\

In the past two weeks, I ended my teaching practice. It was bittersweet. Learnt a lot being in the school for about eight weeks (two weeks of Raya break do not count, haha) but there seems to be so much more to learn too. Was very touched by the efforts of my students in saying their goodbyes. I'll miss you, girls :)

Fellow Trainees :)


Had a family dinner on Monday - farewell for Yew Leung and I + Birthday celebration for Yew Meng and Sieh Ping + Celebration for Yew Kong's thesis successes (speaking and writing) I'm going to miss home :)



Tuesday was debriefing and reflection in UM about our teaching practice. Insightful and inspiring :) It was good to see everyone again. We laughed, told stories, encouraged each other and for Vindy and I bid farewell to our beloved coursemates. Had a makan-makan with Dr Visha and the Moral bunch :)


Dr Visha, Hanan and Vindy :)
With Shikin and Kat :D
All together now :D
Banana leaf - Yay! :)
Also got to meet up with Huey Lin, Jared and Ernest at The Grind :) It was good hearing from the working and the fresh graduates. I felt like a kid :P

Huey Lin, your perseverance and work inspires me. And when you ask, "So, what can we do?" It reminds me to keep asking that question too. 

Jared Koh, thank you for sharing and challenging us to become missionaries, teachers, politicians, people who ma
ke a difference. hope you get your call one day! heheheh. 


Ernest Lee, thank you for journeying with me and always showing me what it is to put love into action. Keep doing that, keep reminding yourself that God's call is better than what the world expects you to do/earn/be. 
 *To these who inspire and encourage me to make a difference in this broken world*

SWEEPers :)
Favorite boy in the whole wide world! :D

Today, we went back to the refugee school for awhile. I missed the kids. :) Hugs and high fives given. And was reminded at the end of the day how blessed I am to have Ernest in my life, such a BIIGG heart he has! :) Ernest, thank you for being patient, understanding and loving towards a broken, sometimes confused and often times confusing girl. I love you.

So anyway, all my bags are packed...

*starts singing*


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
...
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane (aeroplane)
Don't know when I'll be back again (9th January 2013)

See you soon :) Hope I'll blog more when I'm there!
New chapter of my life, here I come :D

2 comments:

tien mie said...

grats on yr completion wit teaching prac :) have an awesome time in korea!

waiyan said...

thank you tien mie :)