Saturday, November 16, 2013

time to change - preparations

Changed the name of this blog from "Faith, Hope and Love" to "Preparations".

And the verse from "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13) to "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21). 

As a reminder to myself to live for Christ and for the things that really count. To always have eternity in mind and to always be in preparation for it.

Coming to Korea has allowed me to take a step back and take a good look at life, my worldviews and perspectives and the environment and situations I'm so used to back home. Makes me realize the need for change and am praying that day by day, bit by bit, the Holy Spirit will work in me to change me and prepare me for when Christ comes again. Less of me, more of Him. 

Also, the loss of loved ones has also reminded me that life on earth is temporary yet the way we live is important. It's important that our lives glorify God and touch the lives of others that they too may know God. Reminds me that my time here on earth is not forever and neither are the times of people around me. There is an urgency.

And so, it is a time to change. The very safe and comfortable way I've been living in. The very self-centered and me-first mentality. The selfishness and indifference in me that tells me that it's fine to keep the truth and good news to myself. The hypocrisy and double-mindedness of my being. 

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:12-14)

And I pray that more and more Christians will continue in fervent preparation for our King's coming.

No comments: